Thursday, July 9, 2009

Zucchini


Almost everyone knows I hate Zucs and I would do almost anything to chuck them in the compost bin as a child. There were probably some perfectly fine zucs I deemed compostable. I do love zucchini bread and chocolate zucchini cake, but that is maybe not the healthiest option.

but....I ate some on Tuesday. Willingly too I might add. I made some wonderful zucchini pancakes. Not liking zucchini is a textural thing for me (Sorry Emily, you get it from me) and so shredded zucchini is totally different from yucky, slimy, squishy seedy chunks or slices. (sorry did my true feelings come out again?) They were totally a hit with the family too. Emily was the one protesting the most about eating them as she knows I don't like them, but she and Karl were both eyeing the last pancake at the end of dinner. She won.

2 comments:

  1. If you want I can give you a recipe for a Lebanese omlet that uses lots of zucchini...they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes please!! I would like to expand my shredded zucchini horizons. I am taking care of a friends garden while she is out of town. She is growing lots of zucs right now! Chocolate Zucchini Cake is not much of a healthy food:)

    ReplyDelete