Sunday, May 2, 2010

Scrapbooking

I have been bothered by the fact that I am years behind on my family scrapbooks. I bought a digital scrapbooking Program a few months ago to make a digi book as a weddig present for a Good friend. I made her book quickly and was thrilled with the finished result. But since then I have not done anything for myself with it. I have made cards, incursions, handouts, and other useful little projects, but no more books.

So last Sunday, something it under my skin and I started with the cover of a 2009 book. This week u have worked on it almost everynight and I have 30 pages done so far. I am up to October. I think I can finish tomorrow and have a good record of the major events of the year. What a relief it is to make progress on a goal that has been mentally like a splinter. I know I want to do it, but the anal compulsive designer in me does not want to do a paper version because I might mess up, and I have to print the picture, and I hare my handwrting-insert complaint here... So nothing really got done after I stopped going to my Monthly scrapbooking club. I did a great job with 2007-8 but not Much since then.

I am excited to finish tomorrow! I can't wait to show the kids when it get printed. They love family scrapbooks. Sydney had already requested a "just her" book:) maybe I can do that for her birthday!

For now however I am grateful to go to bed and sleep off my sore throat and stuffy nose!

On another fun note, we are not moving this year. Karl got a new job in the area, although it will be a rough commute and is less than he was making at his other job, he will be home with hte family! We are happy to be together after 4 months of seperation. The girls are disappointed they will not be getting seperate rooms, as am I, but we will just learn to deal with the house we have and enjoy this great area and all our friends here! I plan to try some touristy stuff this summer with the kids and take advantage of the history in our area. Anyone wanting to visit, we would Love to have you come!

No comments:

Post a Comment