Friday, March 25, 2011

Samantha doll at last

I have wanted an American girl doll got years! A few years ago the girls got them for Christmas, and I tried convince Karl that 3 would be better than just 2! Sadly he did not agree. Nor did he go for it for the next 4 birthdays and christmases. Sigh. So a few weeks ago I started stalking Samantha in eBay. And I got a used doll!! She arrived yesterday in really good condition. She had dry hair, and a few stains. The biggest issue was her loose legs though. Fortunately I had already learned what to do on YouTube. I washed her hair, then took her apart!! I fixed the loose legs easily and I'm working on a downy dunk to condition her hair as well as a special stain treatment on her fingers. After that I expect she will be like new. The girls hope to play with me and my doll tomorrow. Now she just needs some clothing!! Time to hit the sewing machine!

We had a quick fashion history lesson on Sunday which bored Emily silly, but Sydney patiently listened. Then I brought home a book from the library about the history of underwear and they enjoyed that. She does not get my fascination with "old" things, but will deal as best she can.






Downy dunk






Bangs trimmed a tiny bit to fix stragglers




Body soaking in the sun to help with stain removal. Towel covers the non stained bits to protect the vinyl.



Fingers were the worst offenders! Ink on the hand:(

No comments:

Post a Comment