Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Blissful neglect




There was so much stuff I should do, but during the storm I started this fun sewing project and had to finish it off today. I love how it turned out!


Yes I am a grownup playing with dolls. So what. I wanted her for about 25 years. I figure after all this time, I still want her, it is Not a phase! I love my dolls! I have Felicity on the left wearing her authentic colonial outfit, (gown, petticoat, and mob cap) and Samantha on the right shooting forward a century from her timeline to wear modern clothing. (Her hoodie/jacket was designed by me based on an actual jacket for kids:))

My favorite part is probably sewing tiny historical clothing. Did you know they did not use pockets sewed into gowns in the 1770's? They had a pouch/pocket tied to their waist and a slit in the side of the petticoat to access it under the gown. And don't get me started on historical underwear!! So interesting!!! The ruffles on her gown would have been from her shift and not necessarily from her gown. Who knew!! These are part of the gown though.



Emily says that since I have two dolls she and Sydney should have 2 as well.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, Heather! So glad you are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete