Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 4 Chicago to Nebraska

Karl called me in the morning.  His flight had landed in Chicago and he sweetly offered to join me on the drive to Colorado for the next few days!  I was thrilled!  Meeting up with him was a challenge.  Turns out the night before the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley cup, and the city was in massive parade and celebration mode! My hotel near downtown so our plan to have Karl ride on the subway and meet me there was a disaster.  After a ton of frantic city parade dodging on my part, and frustration on Karl's over the city street names,  we met up and headed out of the city.  I happily turned over the wheel!!  Karl drove most of the way, but I did take over once he needed a nap.  He had planned to sleep on the plane after all!  We were thrilled he got the chance to see our old friends in Nebraska!!

No comments:

Post a Comment