Sunday, October 21, 2007

Congratulations to Karl

Yeah for Karl!! He has spent the last week at a very intensive computer class in PA. He has been studying all week so he can get some special certification in computers. He has Design Associates Certification and Network Associates Certification. This type of thing normally takes 2 years to study for and pass the test, buts in the immerison program it is over that much faster. Although we missed him here at home, it is better this way as there were no distractions. He got the best score in the class on his first exam, and passed his other tests easily. The certification is good for 3 years, but if he takes other classes/tests he can extend his certification. Hopefully this certification will help us in his job search once we leave the navy, but for now it will also help him in his current job here in the area.

In other news, Emily and Sydney are continuing to improve in swimming classes, and loving school. Emily is learning sight words now, and Sydney is learning to write her name. They still had a bit of a hard time completely getting back into our routine after being gone for so long. Hopefully next week will go smoother.

On a funny note, Emily got a book out on Lions and tigers (and bears oh my!) in August, which she promptly lost in her room a few days alter. (apparently my idea of having a spot library books live seperate from the bedroom was not as much fun as say, mixing them in with the books we own, or stashing them under the bed! Yikes!) We have looked and looked, and gotten the slightly nasty note from the library with a lost book amount. I had not intention of paying that since I knew I could and would find it soon. Of course I forgot to renew the thing to stop fees.

Well after we got all our mail back from our trip, I got a note saying "we are going to take you to collections for the book if it is not fixed in 2 weeks". I thought yikes, well I hate to do this, but I'll pay for a lost book. So I did that. Then talking to my mom about it, I felt that little nudge about the playroom (I thought I'd looked there on a recent cleaning, but I tried again) I found it in about 1 minute in the playroom. Arrgh, but ultimately that is good news. So I went back to the library and gave them the book, and they will send me the fine in a check sometime soon. Very odd system here. They don't collect fines for late books, only lost books. I've never seen anything quite like that.

I signed up for a few sessions with a personal trainer, and I am very excited about that. I will have to keep you posted. She is going to give me some exercises I can work on without her over the next few months as I try to get back into good shape. In an extra effort to help avoid the Halloween Five, I got toys to pass out instead of candy. I did buy some candy, but really gross things like oozing eyeballs, and gummy bone shaped things. Nothing terribly appealing to a Snickers/Milky way lover like myself!

Also, a very happy birthday to Heidi, my dad, and Madeline!

No comments:

Post a Comment