Friday, May 2, 2008

Let's talk cereal

Karl went shopping at the commissary by himself and came home with about 30 boxes of cereal. I didn't really think much of it at the time, except that they have not been put away yet and that was frustrating, and because this has happened before, never quite on this scale. He loves to find a good deal and only by cereal if it is under $2.00 per lb. He usually brings home 12 to 15 boxes so this was really a big purchase. Well, anyway, this afternoon Sydney had 2 friends over after school, but when their parents came over, we all went through the back door into the kitchen and they saw the cereal collection and they wondered if we were either collecting empty cereal boxes for a massive art project, or setting up a cereal collection for the tornado victims. Nope, just my wonderful husband cruising through the cereal aisle on his own. They were amazed, especially at the fiber content of the cereals!

4 comments:

  1. My husband does that too, stock up on things when he finds a good deal. We usually have cereal boxes stored in our bedroom closet since there's never enough cabinet space for them. Recently he's been picking up peanut butter every time he goes to the store. I've lost count on how many jars we have. And speaking of peanut butter, I was thinking of y'all the other day because my folks came to visit and brought us a jar of marshmallow fluff. (It's really hard to find - and expensive - down here.) Anyway, I noticed that it was made in Lynn and remembered that place y'all had there and this big trip Maria Brady and I took to go rip wallpaper off your bathroom walls (you were studying abroad Heather). Lynn, Lynn, the city of sin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny!! I never knew they made fluff there. Yum. I found a recipe for making homemade fluff once if you are interested!!
    We loved that place, but it was such a dump when we started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried www.recipezaar.com? They had several ones for fluff, but this looked pretty good to me!
    http://www.recipezaar.com/52037

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I have never thought about making my own fluff. Maybe I'll have to try it if we don't get back up north pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete