Thursday, June 12, 2008

Faraway Cookies

So we have 3 wonderful song & story books by Sandra Boynton. They are so funny and I just love them! Emily & Sydney have several favorite songs and don;t often like to hear the other songs on the cd because they just want to listen to their favorites again & again! Well this morning at breakfast, the cd was going in the background, and they listened to a new song today from Philadelphia Chickens called Faraway Cookies. I had heard the song & seen the picture in the book, but didn;t know too much about it other than that I thought it was a cute story about a puppy who wanted cookies that were on top of the fridge.

Emily heard the song and wanted to know why she was sad. Then she started to tear up. Luckily I distracted her so we did not get the full waterworks before breakfast this morning. After school, I was not so lucky! She wanted to listen to it again and started bawling! I got out the book and made up a rather clever back story about the Puppy's mom saying it could not have more cookies since it would hurt the puppy's tummy to eat to many, but that the puppy still wanted them and that was why she was she was singing to the cookies. She kept crying. She also asked to hear it again. I made her calm down before I would play it again. She finally calmed down and we listened to it again. I thought we were done with the song, but apparently while I was out at church tonight she really confused Karl with a piece of paper with a picture of someone crying and cookies and wanted to hear the song again, and was in tears again.

I officially don;t have a clue about what to do with this situation, but here is a link to a video on YouTube playing the song. It is just adorable (the song not the video) so I hope you all enjoy it. I don't think I should post the picture from the book for copyright reasons, but the picture is of a puppy looking wistfully up at chocolate cookies up on the top of the cabinet in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment