Monday, September 22, 2008

Doing well

So Josh is now a week old, and doing very nicely! He is getting a little chubbier around his cheeks and chin and is sleeping better at night now instead of staying awake from 12-3am. His sisters are doing very well having him home. Emily has complimented me on my tummy shrinking, but wants to know why it isn't small yet. I do too! I secretly hoped that under my very large belly lurked the body of supermodel which would magically reveal itself post delivery. Alas, my love of all things sweet has again proven to be my downfall. My supermodel body is currently hiding, but would be happy to reveal itself with just a bit more effort on my part!

Before Josh came, I had been stressing about dealing with a newborn. I had complained to friends that the newborn stage terrified me, and I really started enjoying them when they were a little bit less fragile. I had forgotten how much I love watching them sleep. I love the funny little faces they make, the way they stretch when they wake up, the way they smell after a bath, and all those uniquely newborn things. I also love that they sleep almost all day! So for now I am happy to snuggle with my little munchkin as he is sleeping and enjoy the quiet time during the day while the girls are at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment