Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School Days are here again!







This morning Emily and Sydney were up and dressed and finished eating their cereal at 6:45. We picked out outfits last night, and I started getting lunches ready then. I was hoping to sleep in until 7am, but instead we got rolling as a family at 6:45! Emily had her backpack on at 7:00 and did not understand why I would ever suggest that maybe it could wait another hour until the bus was in our neighborhood.

So we brushed hair, double checked backpacks, added some clothes to Sydney's bag, brushed teeth, finished lunches and read two stories to kill some time. I went upstairs to get my camera, and got sidetracked on hunting down my sneakers so when I heard a bus rumble up around 8 am, I was surprised. Luckily I was downstairs, saw the route number and yelled for Sydney to come get on the bus. Very nice! So she came running down, I chatted with the bus drive about normal route times, since her route was the one I could not find in the paper, and took a few quick pictures. She was a tiny bit nervous at first, but not terribly nervous. I think riding the bus last year helped her out a lot! Our only major mistake today, other than not being outside, was forgetting to stick her name tag around her neck. I hope the bus driver catches that before she gets to school!

Emily of course was outside when Sydney left with her lunch box in hand. We waited the 10 more minutes and the neighborhood kids and their parents all waited taking pictures and laughing about the first day of school. Our cats were out amusing all the other kids, and everyone was excited. Emily was probably more nervous about the bus ride than Sydney was, but as soon as it came, she got in line and marched on the bus to find a seat. One quick wave, and she was off! After the bus drove away, on other the other moms started to cheer. Oddly enough, it was harder to see your kids get on the bus, than it was to take them to school and walk them to class. I wonder why!

4 comments:

  1. What? No pregnant mommy pics? Boy does time fly when you aren't the pregnant one! Sorry... :( I can't believe you are having that baby in a few weeks. Well, we love you and we'll be thinking about you. Come see my new blog:

    http://everyday-fromheretothere.blogspot.com/

    love, ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather!!!!!! Long time no talk or see pictures, I am so glad that I get to check in on your family on a regular basis now!!! Thanks....only a few weeks to the baby's arrival!!! Holy cow, what fun, get used to the sleepless nights, but that too shall pass. At least you will be able to catch a few winks while the girls are at school, that should put a smile on your face. Let us know when he arrives, looking forward to meeting/seeing him. Love you all!!!

    Keagyn loves all the pictures of the girls, I will show Brynn when she comes home from school!!!

    Loni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather! It's fun to hear from you again! Wow!! I've never seen your girls with long hair! They look beautiful! Congratulations and good luck with the new little one!
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Emily and Sydney,

    Hi, do you remember me? I liked playing with you. I miss you so so so much. You were the best friends I ever had. I had lots of fun playing with you.

    Love, Brynn

    ReplyDelete