Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I made oatmeal for breakfast, but in honor of of today, I made it green! Emily saw it in the pot, recoiled and said what is that?? She was totally grossed out! Sydney at it happily, but Emily was a hard sell. Finally I convinced her to try it and she scarfed it down. I though it was a great idea. When she was getting ready to go, she asked why I made it and I said I had been thinking about green eggs and ham instead of oatmeal. She declared that was gross, but then asked for it for dinner! Of course I have no idea for to actually make green eggs.

2 comments:

  1. You could scramble the eggs with green food coloring (or spinach or something). It might work. I have no idea how to make fried eggs green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...spinach. Cook it up, puree it and stir it back in. As long as the kids aren't totally anti-spinach (or don't discover your secret) you're all good.

    I wouldn't eat green oatmeal either. I had one roommate who kept coloring my dairy products for April Fool's Day. She didn't believe me that it does change the taste of milk. Or yogurt. Or cottage cheese.

    You get the picture.

    ReplyDelete