Saturday, March 21, 2009

Literal Humor

We were having a late & lazy breakfast this morning. Karl had Josh in his lap in the recliner, and so I delivered his plate of Monkey bread. Sydney's little ear perked up and she was so excited about eating breakfast. I told her "There is a plate in the kitchen with your name on it". She ran into the kitchen and picked up the plate and called out" Mom, this doesn't have my name on it." So I got to explain the word figure of speech to her. But she got her monkey bread and was a happy camper.

Right now she is working with Emily on a 54 piece 3d tiger puzzle. Amazingly enough there has been almost no fighting. Josh is snoozing and Karl is off renting an aerator.

We are going to attempt to make the lawn look a little nicer this year. Right now as a corner lot, we have the worst lawn at our intersection. And we are sitting next to a major line of shame as our neighbors have a beautiful lawn. He is not thrilled I called to find out the actual price to rent the thing. He pushed it off this morning by saying "Do you know how much that will cost??" So I called & found out! He he. He suggested that I take a shot at the machine. I'm going to use the roto-tiller though so I don't feel too bad about signing him up for yard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment