Sunday, July 11, 2010

Room Remodel

About a month ago I started working on redoing the girls room. My plan was that getting loft beds for them would allow each girl a limited amount of privacy be creating a mini room in the space under the loft. We bought new bedding, paint, desks, rugs, a dresser and a new bookcase. I will make some curtains for under the loft using the fabric from the bedskirts in the bedding.

I have finished painting the room, well except for the closet and window area. I will paint the closet once the beds arrive and are in place and i can empty the closet. Also we are replacing the windows, so I'll need to do around the window frame once it is done.





This is a mock up of the room layout.





Sydney's wall






Emilys wall.

The other two walls are white, which makes the room very bright. And now all we need are the beds. Sigh...

I don't recommend the company I used. They had a great looking product at a really good price, but their service stinks. The beds are backordered, but I keep getting email promising shipment any day, and it has been like that for 3 weeks. One shipped on the 2nd and instead of crossing the line from NC, went to IN and have sat there all week. Shipping was listed at 5-7 days. Tomorrow is the 6th day. The waybill gave a three week range for delivery not the 5-7 advertised. The other fun thing, they list both beds as shipped and have the same tracking info, but only list 1 bed in the waybill. So bottom line, don't use CSN bunkbeds.com!!

No comments:

Post a Comment