Saturday, December 10, 2011

Health Updates

Well, it looks like we are trying to keep things exciting this month.  My back is doing much better.  I think the shot was a total success.  I have not had any pain in my leg or back since the shot, and I have been able to move freely and sleep however I want.  I also was able to get a bit more cleaning done, and I think I should be able to start doing a bit of exercising next week.  Just treadmill for now, no kickboxing or Zumba until I get the OK from the dr and PT staff.

So that was the good news...The not so good news is that we think Sydney has a small fracture in her elbow.  She started gymnastics this fall and Wednesday she fell from the beam.  She didn't seem too badly hurt at the time, no obvious swelling or bruises, but she has kept favoring the arm.  We took her to the dr, I hoped for a pat on the head and being told she was fine, but she got a sling, braces, and x-rays.  They did not see anything huge, but we have been told to keep her in the sling over the weekend, and head back in to Ortho on Monday since they saw what looks like a small fracture in her elbow area.  What my friend the ER dr told me is that she will be getting a full arm cast as a result just to be on the safe side.  Sigh.  Hopefully we can get her a hot pink one.  But I do wish I had gotten our holiday pictures done earlier.  maybe we can fit them in today before the cast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment