Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2

I'm grateful for my daughter Emily! Yesterday I realized at 3:15 E wasn't home yet, and called the school. She was staying after for an activity- I remembered as soon as they told me. so I went to get her after Sydney got home so we could get to flute lessons on time. (In hindsight- I should have relayed the need to get picked up to the secretary and saved myself some angst)

I was a bit late since the bus was layer than normal and we were not ready to go the second Syd got home. Got to the school, no Emily. The guard called the bus garage official, they replied she wasn't on the bus. I called a neighbor, no Emily at the house, no answer when I called home. It took us 25 minutes to verify with a different person that yes, she was on the late bus, and had been dropped off. Fortunately Karl was home just moments later and could tell me and the three school teachers helping he saw her coming down the street.

It was 25 minutes of near panic for me, and I was truly grateful to get home and give her a huge hug to try and calm my racing heart. I don't ever want to experience that heart racing terror of not knowing where your child is ever again. I am also grateful to her teacher who was with me and card enough to ask me to call as soon as I got home and let her know Emily was safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment