Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Bushes a la Dad


My father taught me that bushes or shrubs should never be trimmed with a hedge clipper or electric trimmers. He mastered the fine art of pruning shears and I would watch him work on our fluffy round bushes.  There were a few time when he pruned them way farther than anticipated and amazingly they always seemed to bounce back.  I have been know to copy his example.

We have two awesome thorn covered bayberry bushes and 3 fluffy green one that shot up about a foot this month, mostly in the last two weeks.  I wasn't thrilled with their height initially, as you could barely see the porch from the yard or vice versa, so I took a little schnoop off the top.  And then another.  So now I have five bushes worth in the front yard and no super convenient way to get rid of them.  I miss VA right now.  Our trash guys had automatic lifts so it was no biggie to have a giant branch filled trash can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment