Saturday, August 8, 2015

Worst rental pickup experience to date

You'd think at 1am it wouldn't be a huge rush to get your reserved car.  There were 10-12 people lined up. Mind you, my body thinks it's 3:00. One person is taking rentals and she is agonizingly slow.

We landed at 12:06, It took almost 30 minutes to dock the plane, we waited for another 20-30 in baggage claim and now it's been maybe 45 minutes and there are 5 more people in line ahead of us.  I want to cry. It's still a 45 minute drive to get to our final destination.  I'm so glad the wedding isn't at 9am.  Never flying west after 6pm ever again.

It took 2 hours to be helped.  The kicker, oh,  we don't have a mini van.  You can have a large suv instead.  I am still annoyed because behind the kids are all kinds of happy about touching one another.
 What is the point of reserving a specific style of car (at a specific price point) if they don't honor it?  I gave my arrival time.  Surely that would allow staff to gauge when the vehicle will be needed so they don't give it away. 

What would the staff have done if we had 4 kids, not 3.  3 can uncomfortably stuff themselves into a tiny suv, but 4 not so much. If I had wanted to experience the joy of hearing kids say "he's touching me" on my 2000 mile road trip,  I'd  have gotten the cheaper suv.   thanks for the extra 60 mile detour to go back to rental car place to hopefully get the car I asked for 6 weeks ago. 

***update. We were able to get a van on Sunday!  Drove through some amazing mountains today on our way to Arches National Park!



No comments:

Post a Comment