Friday, December 7, 2007

Double Yeah

We cleaned up a little in the girls room last night and Emily put the tooth under her pillow so the Tooth Fairy came for a visit! Emily was thrilled.

I am mildly intrigued this morning because I got Emily to wear a air of jeans, but before anyone jumps for joy that she is over her issues, she was feeling extremely flexible this morning and agreed to wear a pair of tights first. I should never have bought the jeans, but in my defense-she asked for them. It is the 3rd pair of pants this last few months that she picked that has been refused for lack of careful inspection-seams down the front of one pair of pants, scratchy knit underside in another-never thought to look at that, and now what I thought was a shock, jeans. I kept the tags on and made her try them on again before clipping them. She promised to wear them. I washed them, then they never got worn. I forced the issue a bit today and suggested them and she agreed, but balked when they touched her skin.

I am beginning to think there is more to this then doctors have said since she has obviously not grown out of it! Lining her toys up in rows, well that has improved, but other things take its place!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. When Caleb was two he decided he didn't like buttons. He's five and still won't wear them. He has, in recent months, come to wear them for church but the first thing he does when we get home is to take off his "button clothes." This also applies to snaps, and really any kind of fastener that vaguely resembles a button. He won't even wear these cute cargo pants my mom got him (even though there's no button around the waist) because there are buttons on the pockets. I really should cut them off. I can't tell you how many things we've bought that he's told us he'd wear but refuses to once it's too late to return them. I hope her phase passes...ours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. I can't imagine life without buttons. How difficult to work with that one!

    ReplyDelete