Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Baby's Room Update

Before-Saturday Night


After-This afternoon

So far things are going well. I have 2 coats of paint in the room so the pink seems to be gone on the walls, and cut in the edges and trim. I am also out of my gallon of paint, so I am on hold with yellow paint for now. I still have the closet and the closet doors to tackle, then any little shelves that need to be painted to match the room. I also want to replace a strip of quarter round moulding that seems to be ruined by water damage. Not sure how it happened or when exactly as it is fairly recent, but it could have been a wet towel left on the floor, or a spilled sippy cup.

So now a survey for everyone out there.... Would you rather have a white closet or a painted closet?

When we bought the house each and every closet was painted. What was wrong with the default white?? I like plain closets! Since the house had some wild & bright colors, most have since been repainted. This means that the girls' room, which was pink when we bought it, had a pink closet. I skipped painting that one since I was in a major time crunch and their room was painted a lighter pink so a darker pink closet was not really a big issue. But pink & yellow don't work so well for me :) I can paint it white now (I should have enough white paint to do this after I prime the pink) or paint it yellow (after I buy more yellow paint). Textured walls really suck up more paint than regular ones.  I really like smooth ones!!!

Also to mural or not to mural. I had planned to take the frog stamp set that I got for decorating the room and use my scanner to blow up the frogs, then use an overhead projector (someone I know must have one) then trace them on the wall & paint them. But now I am not so sure. I think it would be very cute, but it will take lots more time to do, and I am nervous about doing it on the textured wall. Any thoughts? I could just blow it up, transfer on watercolor paper and make a nice piece of wall art instead.

The girls are doing really well in their new room, and have not complained about the down sizing at all.  It has been easier to get them to put away their toys in the new closet set up, and the dollhouse that had not been played with very much is getting lots of use.  They debated putting the kitchen in the babies room at some point just to have a little more room, but since that is played with by almost every child who comes over to the house, I'm not so eager to shift it out just yet. Maybe in a few more months when Josh might actually want to play with it too.  I also have not mentioned that the IKEA chair that has been in Sydney's room since birth is moving into the babies room.  That will probably not go over very well, but it really is my chair not hers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment