Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hanging in there

It is down to the final few weeks before the baby comes (2 and a half weeks left), and so far we are doing alright. Yesterday Karl and I made a big push to get our bedroom clean. Emily had pointed out on a few occasions when we asked them to clean their room that ours was not a shining example of tidiness. Well, it is not quite perfect, but it is a HUGE improvement! Yeah us! We also got the girls to get their room clean. They finished off the last little bit with some micromanagement from Karl. They are pretty proud of themselves, but that pride never seems to care over until the next round of toys come out, so here's hoping it works.

The baby's room is not quite done. The room is painted, and it just needs to be decorated now. The crib & changing table are both us, I have everything I need in the room, but it just isn't really cute yet. So that is the goal for this week. I had forgotten how much my cats love changing tables & cribs. Apparently they are the best cat beds ever! So I am going back & forth between keeping the door to the room closed, and using my lint roller. When April & Caleb visited last week, Caleb got the crib, and he had no major complaints, but it needed to be de-furred before he could use it:) Sadly we also discovered that when Caleb is here in that room, the girls are more than happy to suggest to April that he play in that room with the BABY toys (translation...Get out of our stuff squirt!!). They even went so far as to politely shut the door once he was back in his designated area. Poor Josh. They have already moved all the artwork up on the fridge so it is out of baby height. I tried telling them that for the first few months, Josh won't be able to stand let alone crawl so their stuff really isn't in danger right away, but that didn't seem to impress them very much.

Mentally I am not exactly ready to deal with a newborn, but physically I am all for it. I guess the master plan is to make you unhappy enough with the last month of pregnancy that labor & delivery really doesn't seem that bad at all. In fact you are down right excited to go through it just so you can have your body back.

We also meet both the girls teacher on Thursday at their orientations and I like them all. Emily's teacher seem very nice, and I did warn her a little bit about some potential quirks. She doesn't have too many repeat friends from last year in her class, but then we didn't actually get a chance to see everyone in the class. Emily is beyond excited about school starting. Every morning I get a new daily count down.

Sydney will be riding the bus to her school (Logistically getting both girls to school that start at the same time was a little overwhelming, and since they offer and prefer busing for her preschool, we are going for it. Since she gets to ride the bus, I had to agree to Emily riding the bus as well.) The kicker will be that I was usually waltzing into school a few minutes before 9 last year. It will be more of a challenge to be ready for an 8:15 bus! I hope they can help me out until I am used to the new routine as they are such morning people and I am not! Sydney is also thrilled about school because her teacher has horses in the play area! She just loves playing with horses right now! I am worried about the nap-time hour in her class. She has not napped in 2 years. I took away naps because she would stay up until 9 or 10 with a nap. We will have to see how that part of school goes. Just 2 more days!! Yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment