Monday, August 4, 2008

Moving Day




Saturday we decided it was finally time to shuffle the girls from one room to the other to start getting their bedroom ready to become a nursery. I had done some prep work with a friend the week before when we started consolidating toys from their plastic bin systems along the wall into bins that would work on their existing shelving in the closet. Despite the hours we put into the toy sorting last week, it took all day to get the room shuffled around. I am fairly happy with the way things turned out. We had planned to get rid of their large plastic dollhouse, but when I set up the rooms and started taking pictures to sell the dollhouse, Emily who had agreed to getting rid of the dollhouse a month or so ago was in tears. So we did everything we could to keep it. The room would have been a tiny bit more comfortable without it, but she is a happy girl. I am thrilled with what we did get out of the room though!

Today I am cleaning the other room and getting it ready for painting! I chose a soft yellow color that will go well with the bugs & frog theme. I was surprised that I was a little sad to seem things changing around. It seems silly to me somehow not be to excited about the changes, but what can I say, I guess I have never handled change well. Pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment