Saturday, November 10, 2007

Car Tunes

So we were driving in the car listening to a song on a kids music cd by Laurie Berkner called Bottle Caps. Emily loved the song and was singing along, but the only part she heard was the chorus, "collecting Bottle caps, Bottle caps, bottle caps, bottle caps, every one I see." She thought this was the best and sang Bobcats, Bobcats, bobcats, bobcaps every one I see. She kept asking to sing the bob cat song. We told her the words were bottle caps, but that didn't sink in. Maybe she doesn't know what they are! She also told us she was singing a song from school about bobcats. Funny how the tune she sang matched ours perfectly.

Oh and Sydney is in love with a song from my childhood my mom, the master internet sleuth, tracked down for me. Our Dinosaur Friends. She loves this song called Pterodactyl. She would like nothing better than to have it on repeat for hours on end. On a positive side, she was really upset about something that happened as we left the YMCA today and I was able to change her mood by pulling out the "big guns" Then she went around singing "I'd like to be the biggest dinosaur" all afternoon. The only song that can compeat for number of repeats in one sitting is Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton. We can all sing all the words now. We got it also from my parents, but got the book version of the book years ago when Emily was little. Karl and I had made up our version of the song and dung it to Emily, but we like their tune much better!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, 10 days in and you're hanging good with your commitment to blog daily during national blog month.

    So I'm checking in every day.

    Between sports comments and politics, I'm blogging, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your blog name? It would be fun to read!

    ReplyDelete