Friday, November 9, 2007

oops

So all week I knew today was makeup School Picture day. All week that is, until today. I let Emily go off to school with some weird cowlick action and her favorite bright orange Halloween shirt. I ran down to her class after I realized (aka Sydney's teacher mentioned it) it was picture day to get her to swap shirt, but no dice. She thought her shirt was pretty. Sydney looked cute since she had a fairly well coordinated outfit (I picked it out this morning) and she had ponytail holders in her bag. Emily only had clips, and those stay all of 2 minutes in the same spot, so she will look sort of goofy. But it is her kindergarten picture so I had to let her do it anyway.

I know one day I will look back & laugh, but I am just not there yet.

2 comments:

  1. Totally normal and usual. We've got all sorts of school pictures with four kids. Some, Terilynn had them looking their best and the photographer goofed them up, the backgrounds were dorky or the kids simply had outfit malfunctions after they left the house.

    And, not dolled up for the picture, more indicative of the way Emily looked "grinding it" at school. We have these photos of the kids, too. They looked like we remembered them, the way they were. Better that way.

    Besides Heather, you take great pictures of your two girls -- better than schools will ever do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love taking pictures! My camera wasreally the turning point for me. My old one was never fast enough to get those fleeting moments and I just ended up frustrated with most of my pictures! Now I still end up with 10% or so that I love, but atleast that is better than the 1% from before.

    ReplyDelete