Monday, November 12, 2007

Hunger Strike Complete

Well, I think it worked. I was really frustrated with her not eating the last few weeks. I had seperated her food, I gave tiny portions, I cooked things I knew she liked, but she would try and munch on snacks all afternoon then not want her dinner. With food she loves, she eats like a champ, with food she isn't in the mood for, holy cow! Slow poke city.

So we tried out experiment. I don;t want to do it again. My parents offered a no thank you portion which worked well for us. You took what you wanted of the food you didn't like but you had to eat what you served yourself, and if it was a not thank you serving, it had to be tiny but at least a little but went on the plate.

She had her dinner again at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and ate a little bit each time, but finally finished enough to graduate to a new plate of food. At dinner I presented it in a new bowl with a different kind of sauce. Hopefully she won't do this again. Emily seemed pretty horrified that it happened, but was thrilled to be a little tattletale about her not finishing it at each meal.

I have to say though except for the tears when it came back at dinner after she asked to throw it away, she did not complain at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment