Saturday, November 3, 2007

Happy Halloween




The girls have been so excited all month about Halloween, but they very sweetly saved me a lot of work by asking to wear last year costumes. I had not seen Sydney in her costume in about 2 months, but I assummed it still fit her. Silly me. The little thing finally grew a few inches. Her little costume was about 2 inches too short on her wrists, and 3 inches too short on her legs. But she was so happy to get dressed up and go out trick-or-treating and it didn't matter to her.

We went with several friends in their neighborhood which is right next to ours. There was a group of 12 kiddos and about 8 parents. It was crazy trying to get to each door and it was a little intimidating for the home owner. At first, no one was home and the kids were extremely disappointed, but things quickly picked up and they got lots of candy in the hour we were out. The dads stayed home and passed out candy while the moms took the kiddos around. It was the first year I did not have to bundle the kids up underneath their costumes. I actually got too hot in my costume and was very happy to take it off at the end of the night (I was Kanga). After trick-or-treating, we had cider & doughnuts then took our sugary sticky children home and put them to bed feeling somewhat guilty for their teachers in the morning.

When we got to the house I discovered I was nowhere near prepared for the hoards of kids who came to our door. I had completely run out of candy. Oops. Now I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment