Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sweet Tooth

Today is Saturday. I get to sleep in guilt free for a little bit this morning. The kids simply don't understand that concept and were up at the crack of dawn as usual. So I woke up to a little smiling face saying "Mom can I have candy?" I could not believe it.

I said no and sent her to go find some fruit instead. On Thursday we had the girls take their pumpkin bucket with Halloween candy to their rooms becasue guests were coming for dinner and I was tired of sucumbing to temptation when I saw those yummy buckets filled with Snickers and Milky Ways so the early morning temptation must have been strong. She usually just asks for some after school. The girls have been great and asking everytime they want candy instead of just eating. Emily is very disciplined and only eats 1-2 pieces a day at the most. Sydney has the massive sweet tooth though. But at least she listens when I say no.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain - Caleb was up at 4:45 this morning. I was able to go back to bed, but I'm never able to sleep as deeply when I know I have a kid awake. You're lucky, though. He doesn't bother to ask for candy. He goes through the kitchen and find what he wants. Needless to say, we now lock the cupboards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4:45 should be outlawed from mornings! I don;t believe in it at all. For the most part my rule is Mommy is still sleeping! I started that when Karl was gone last year and I just needed some more sleep but kept it up to a certain extent (7:30 ish) since they have bizarre ideas about mornings (6ish). I get up if they are in distress/fighting, but mostly they play upstairs fairly happily. They love to color at 6am, what can I say, they are nuts! We tried black out curtains, but it didn't really help, and then they broke. I have had to clean up some monster messes though due to lazy mornings. Finger painting with yogurt was the worst.

    ReplyDelete